Are you a fan of freshly prepared fruits and vegetables , rich in vitamins and with an incomparable taste? The juice extractor is today the best way to obtain fruit or vegetable juice of excellent quality, both from a nutritional and taste point of view. Still little democratized in our homes, the juice extractor is a versatile device that will allow you to make delicious juices from fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, but not only!
Some models allow you to make sorbets, oilseed puree, and even fresh pasta! The juicer, however, is a relatively expensive device, which should be chosen carefully, according to your own needs.
How to make the best choice? We will support you in this process by offering you the best 5 juice extractor for 2021. In addition, we will answer very relevant questions about juice extractors such as their operating system or the different types of juice extractors that exist.
Best Juice Extractor in 2021: Quick comparison
The Omega NC900HDC juice extractor is a horizontal device equipped with many features, you will be able to make a wide variety of recipes such as fresh pasta, sorbets, purees …
Easy to use, this model offers exceptional juice quality, its slow rotation allows optimal conservation of the nutrients in your preparations.
The Omega NC900HDC juice extractor is a juice machine that operates with a power of approximately 150 watts. With a rotation speed of about 80 revolutions per minute , this device allows cold juice extraction to retain most of the nutrients in your device. In addition, the juices can be immediately consumed after extraction. The slow speed of rotation also allows to have less foam during the extraction and to avoid jams . the Omega NC900HDC is capable of making a wide variety of recipes such as purees, sorbets… Its powerful screw in GE Ultem is reinforced and stronger than most screws of the same category. It’s designed to extract juice from fruits, vegetables and even nuts. In conjunction with a double sieve, this screw extracts the juice in two stages for optimal performance.
The NC900HDC Juicer is also easy to use. With a chute with a diameter of 1.97 inches (5cm), the pieces of fruit can be cut into relatively large pieces so as not to waste time. A pusher is also provided to easily penetrate the fruit to be pressed. As for the nozzles, they are easily connected for convenience. In addition, to help you easily maintain and clean your horizontal juice extractor, a cleaning brush is delivered with the device.
what we like
what we don't like
The Aicok AMR521 juice extractor is a horizontal model from the Aicok brand which will seduce you with its very functional technical characteristics and its high efficiency. It has several essential features that will allow you to make a wide variety of recipes.
Robust and easy to use, this device which is designed to accompany you for a very long time is also easy to maintain and can only simplify your life. Let’s find out more about what it can do for you.
The Aicok AMR521 juice extractor with its weight of 8.23 pounds displays excellent stability and operates fairly quietly with a maximum noise level of 60 dB . It takes up a certain amount of space on a worktop but we hardly complain about it when we look at the elegant design and the very accomplished finishes that characterize it.
Embedded with a powerful and super economical 150 Watt motor, the Aicok AMR521 juice extractor makes it easy to extract juice from your favorite fruits, vegetables and herbs.
All the accessories, by the way, made of high quality materials and which are incredibly resistant, are easily removable and assembled. This simplifies the use of course, but also the cleaning because your device can be cleaned in depth in just 3 minutes. The robustness is therefore undeniable on this device which will prove to be reliable over the long term.
what we like
what we don't like
what we like
what we don't like
The Aobosi AMR520 juice extractor is a horizontal model from the AAOBOSI brand which will seduce you with its very functional technical characteristics and its high efficiency. It has many essential features that will allow you to make a wide variety of recipes.
easy to use, this device which is designed to accompany you for a very long time is also easy to maintain and can only simplify your life.
The Aobosi AMR520 juice extractor with its weight of 11 pounds displays excellent stability and operates fairly quietly with a maximum noise level of 60 dB . It takes up a certain amount of space on a worktop but we hardly complain about it.
Embedded with a powerful and super economical 150 Watt motor, the Aobosi AMR520 juice extractor makes it easy to extract juice from your favorite fruits, vegetables and herbs.
All the accessories, are easily removable and assembled. This simplifies the use of course, but also the cleaning because your device can be cleaned in a few minutes.
The Aobosi AMR520 is a horizontal model that immediately seduces with its Price and performance. Practical and easy to use.
what we like
what we don't like
Treat yourself to delicious and tasty juices every day with minimal effort with the AMZCHEF ZM1501 juicer. It’s easy to use and features powerful juice extraction technology that saves you time.
The AMZCHEF ZM1501 juice extractor has been equipped with cold pressing technology that ensures optimal juice extraction while preserving the flavor of the fruits and their nutrients
To make cleaning easier for you, the AMZCHEF ZM1501 is designed to be easily disassembled without wasting time. The assembly is just as banal. Cleaning is easy and is optimized by the presence of a very functional cleaning brush that will allow you to extract all the small fibers for maximum hygiene.
If you are on the budget and looking for a juicer, this one is for you, it’s not suitable for the extraction of large quantities of juice but remains functional and useful in everyday life.
what we like
what we don't like
The test criteria we considered
The choice of the best juice extractor in 2021 is based on several criteria, the relevance of which depends on the needs of the user. Therefore, the criteria we will establish here should be tailored to your needs, as well as your budget.
The type of juice extractor
We can classify juice extractor models into three main categories.
- Manual juice extractors : They are the cheapest but also the most difficult to operate because the extraction of fresh fruit juice or vegetable juice is done by hand using a crank. Not very practical for regular use or in large quantities, it can very quickly become tedious. On the other hand, the quality of the juices is optimal.
- Vertical juice extractors : They are relatively compact and do not take up much space on a worktop. But more often than not, they have few features.
- Horizontal juicers : They are suitable for professional use, as they have more features than the vertical versions. On the other hand, these professional juice extractors are particularly large and bulky.
Power and speed of rotation
Horsepower is not a major consideration, but it can tell you how well your juicer is performing. So choose a device that offers at least 150 watts of power.
On the other hand, the speed of rotation is essential. The slower it is, the better the nutrients are retained. So prefer an average rotation speed of 80 to 90 revolutions per minute (RPM).
Some very practical features are built into the most sophisticated and successful juicer models.
- The variety of recipes : It is possible to make much more than juice with a juice extractor . Nowadays, we even think of preparing purees, compotes, sorbets, fresh pasta and extracting the juice from nuts … So it’s up to you to see what are the possibilities of recipes that will really serve you.
- Use and safety: A container or a pitcher with a pouring spout can allow the juice extracted to be served cleanly without dripping. Nozzles and sieves are also handy for having well-squeezed and properly filtered juice. A wide opening makes it easier to insert the fruit into the device. As for the non-slip feet, they are perfect for preventing the device from tipping over.
Handling and Cleaning
A handy device has reasonable weight and dimensions. Opt for a light device that will be easy to handle, with a maximum weight of around 13 lbs(6 kg). This will be useful to you especially during the cleaning. Easy to disassemble and reassemble juice extractor is more convenient to clean. If in addition we can have certain elements compatible with the dishwasher, that’s the best!
Most often, juice extractors are made of plastic and also stainless steel sometimes mixed with something else. They are generally strong and resistant materials. So, in addition to the solid body, make sure you have a device that works for a long time. It is also necessary to verify that the juice extractor bears the inscription “BPA free”.
Most frequently asked questions: Q&A
How does a juicer work, exactly?
A juicer is a device that squeezes and crushes food at LOW SPEED, using a screw press, then a sieve that separates the juice from the dietary fibers. The extractor prepares a high quality juice, which has not been denatured by the heat created by a high speed of rotation.
Therefore it retains all nutritional properties, its good vitamins and minerals. The juice extractor is an electric or manual device, preparing smooth juices, sometimes with small pieces.
In all cases, the extraction efficiency is high, which allows a significant saving in raw material! When dealing with a manual device it’s necessary to exert pressure on the fruit thanks to the crank integrated in the device while with an electric device, it suffices to press the start button and leave the device to do work.
Extraction system is mainly suitable for tender fruits, but it is more and more common to have devices capable of handling both herbs and hard fruits and making many other recipes. The juice obtained by the juice extractor is collected and served for consumption in pitchers with an anti-drip system. The juice doesn’t undergo oxidation; it can kept for up to 24 hours in the refrigerator after extraction.
What are the different types of juice extractors?
There are three types of juice extractors, each with its own specificities that should therefore be chosen, if necessary, taking into account its own needs.
- The manual juice extractor consists of a crank to turn to obtain the juice and a sieve to separate the juice from the pulp. The manual juice extractor gives very good quality juice, it’s inexpensive, but its daily use is tedious, and even more if you have large quantities of fruits, herbs or nuts, it’s the best choice.
- The vertical electric juice extractor is a device that also produces very good quality juice, and the main advantage is that it takes up little space . Indeed, the juice extractor should as far as possible proudly enthroned on your worktop for regular use. If you put it directly in the closet we are sure it will never come out, and that’s a shame!
- The horizontal electric juicer is the most versatile juicer available on the market. With it you can make purees, sorbets and even fresh pasta for some models. We recommend its purchase for frequent use, because it is a real war machine!
Juice extractor vs juicer: what are the differences?
Unlike the juice extractor, the juicer uses, as the name suggests, centrifugal force to separate the juice from the fibers. It crushes and then shreds the food at high speed, which has the effect of heating and denaturing, to a certain extent, the juice which flows from it. The juicer therefore has a few advantages over the juice extractor that make the difference.
- Inexpensive, it is a good first purchase when you want to start making homemade juice. Regular users of the juicer will naturally skip to the juice extractor which is obviously much more expensive.
- Its extra-large chimney, allows the insertion of large quantities of fruit and vegetables, sometimes even whole, which is generally not possible with the juice extractor, for which you will have to cut the food into small pieces.
The juicer is therefore not only very easy to use, especially for beginners, but it also allows you to obtain fresh juice in just a few minutes due to its high speed of rotation. Therefore it remains a good choice for users in a hurry. Some disadvantages in the use of a juicer are still to be noted and which again make the difference with the juice extractor:
- The high speed of rotation, which denatures the food and destroys a good part of its nutritional value, at the same time leads to poorer preservation of the juices, which in most cases will have to be consumed within 12 hours of extraction.
- The extraction efficiency is still much lower than that of the juice extractor, so you will need significantly more raw material to get the same amount of juice. we estimated that the juice extractor has an efficiency of 10 to 30% higher than that of the juicer.
- The juicer is much louder than the juice extractor.
What about the blender in all of this?
The blender, very easy to use, is reserved for thick preparations, such as smoothies. Its large chimney combined with its strong and sharp blade allows the insertion of hard foods, ice cubes and frozen foods, which is not the case with the juicer. The heating blender even allows you to concoct hot soups, coulis and compotes in less than 20 minutes!
To make recipes using your heating blender, all you have to do is cut the food before placing it in the appliance, taking care to add a little water. The device is responsible for concocting you a delicious preparation.